welcome~~~~

happy reading :)

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Rindu Sahur bersama mereka

I forgot to update my last post. I need to make corrections but I'll do it here. Actually, we started fasting on Monday, not Sunday like I mentioned before, because India will be one day late than Malaysia. Yes. Raya pon sama lah, one day late. My friend said, it felt awkward to have one day late to start fasting rather than one day late to celebrate Raya. Part of me agreed. 

Anyhow, this is the third day of Ramadhan and to be honest, I was feeling weak these past three days during my fasting hours. Probably because of my lack of Sahur meal? Or maybe because I was being psychotic? Whatever it was, I don't like it. Today I slept for 4 hours after college and boy was I sad.

Oh, I have booked my ticket to Malaysia this October and I cannot wait! Patience is not my strong suit, my friends can testify to that. I miss home terribly. Every Sahur, I'll reminisce about us getting our Sahur together as family. My mom will definitely feed me, I'm lazy like that. My father will eat late, just few minutes before azan, my brother don't usually eat, sometimes he eats dates and drinks waterm sometimes he just continues sleeping. My sisters will wake up with me, coz us girls cannot deal one day without food in our systems. Mom will cook heavy Sahur, I don't know how she can manage doing chores, cook for Sahur, ready for work, help others get ready for work, all at the same time. Supermom doesn't do justice. But honestly, I'll do just fine if my mom only cook fried eggs with soy sauce, coz I love that simple dish. Imagine scooping the soy sauce to your plate to soak all your rice with the soy sauce, and have small pinch of eggs with every bite. Even talking about it makes me drool. But my mom, being a good cook herself, sometimes cook rather heavy dish like chilly chickens or steamed fish or something like that. I know I don't hide it well, I do miss my family too much the feeling is unbearable.

Maghrib cepat datang ok?

No comments: