welcome~~~~

happy reading :)

Saturday, November 23, 2013

An issue which hurts me.

The good thing with evolution of so many electronic appliances and technologies, it makes your life a whole lot easier. For example, you don't have to be worried sick about your loved ones whenever you're far from them, you can just call, or text them, or just whatsapp or wechat or anything of the sort. It is easy. Although the feeling of missing them so badly won't just shovelled off, still you can at least know about their whereabouts, which is kind of enough to ask for this particular situation, which is living afar. But the really bad and ugly thing I seem to realise is that people who always- listen carefully, always as in 24-hourly always- play with their phones, texting, calling or whatever they aren't supposed to do in some kind of situations, have not been showing the least of this one magical demeanour to own, which is called respect. Seriously, when you are at a dining table, you need to dine, not to play with your phone and dine. It's not like you are dealing with the most dangerous crime and if you don't text while you eat, then the world will go wrong. Or, it's not like you're dealing with someone who is in coma and you need to answer your messenger fast because only you can provide the medical rescucitation. Worse yet, when you are speaking with someone, or when someone is using his energy to work their mouth muscles and exercising their vocal cords to actually make a conversation with you, you can't just flex your head, look deep into your phone, and fatigue your fingers replying messages, which seem to be unimportant for the moment. That's what I call rude. If my kids do that, I would be pissed off and I will ground them for a week with no phone. I guess that's why my mom was mad when I used my phone while we're eating together. If I remember well, my mom once threatened to give a long throw of my phone if she ever sees me playing with phone while eating again. Now I understand why. Texting is one thing, but to play games in the middle of eating or in the sea with people reconnecting with each other in a cafe or wherever, is much more unacceptable and intolerable. I have this one friend of mine who liked to play the fishing game on his phone. He's not only playing it, he also got all self absorbed in that game till the day I scolded him and gave him a good talk about having some respect and not to be rude. I couldn't muster why does playing phone is so important that some people won't just give it a chance to actually mingle when everyone is around him or her.

The reason why I elaborate so much about this is that I just found my friend playing the fishing game, AGAIN, while I was talking and while eating. What a combo! I guess I need to coax him in a very gentle coax to make him understand that there are times to play phone and there are times that playing phone isn't necessary. 

No comments: