Anyhoo, this is Day 2;
I'm never good at book review, since I have meager vocabulary and everything. Not to forget, I am not remotely close to an English major, nor do I talk English well. Having said that, this book should receive some appraisal because it's so beautifully written, interestingly plotted, powerfully ended. You'll never know what to expect. It opens with the saying that this book involves ghost, which means it is a ghost story, but after a while you start doubting the trueness of the presence of a ghost, you start hesitating to proceed reading or not-since you're a scaredy cat, and you cannot wash off the curiousity to flip to the end of the page to confirm whether or not it involves ghost, coz you know you are one of a psychotic freak who won't be able to sleep at night if you read ghost story, even if it's not scary at all, says the friend. But then you cannot refrain yourself from reading since you know deep in your heart that the book is really interesting, and you cannot handle the eagerness. So you continue reading. All along the journey to the end, you'll find yourself asking questions, trying hard to understand what actually happened, what the narrator is trying to narrate. At the end, you'll probably cry, because it's so heartbreaking. I say it's really heartbreaking, tears dropping book, coz it talks a lot about mother, wait, actually it is about mother. You cannot help to flashback and relate with your own mother, who won't let you down, who always there for you no matter what, who will do anything for you, for your happiness, for your education, for your life. You cannot undo the swirling of your own memories in your mind. You remember your own mother, who serves her shoulders for you to cry on, who gives you anything you want, who sacrifice her food just because you demand her food even when you already had yours, who provides you money for you to go buy things to brag to your friends, who will go for night shifts to make sure you are able to shop and make you happy coz she knows you'll be exaggeratedly happy when you shop. You cannot brush the well of tears on your eyes, because you remember how much you miss your mom, who will never say no when you being such a brat for wanting almost everything that is not important, who wipes your tears when you cry, who picks you up when you fall, who piggy back you when you are too short to see what happen at the front, who never miss to fill your stomach, who never brings you down. It is a story of mother, because hers is where yours begins.
Easy to say, you will be crazy-homesick after reading this, all you want is to kiss your mom. Yes, you just want to kiss your mother, hug her, and say to her, 'I love you mom. I love you with all my heart. I need you in my life. Without you, I am nowhere near to being a human. You are a great, terrific mother. Your love is pure, true, undivided, unquestionable. I love you, and I would do anything for you. Thank you mother.'
Then, you cry.

No comments:
Post a Comment